Although happiness and joy sound similar, these two concepts are actually quite different. Happiness usually lasts for a short period of time, for example, when you get a bonus at your job, whereas joy is a positive feeling you feel inside all the time.
A joyous person doesn’t let life’s challenges bring him down. He feels constant contentment and satisfaction, which doesn’t depend on external factors.
Do you wonder if you are a joyous person or not? Joyous people have certain habits which they don’t even realize they do. Thus, below is a list of such habits, which prove that you are a joyous person.
- Smile. Joyous people smile most of the time. They don’t even need to have a reason to smile.
- Their eyes beam. You can tell if a person is joyous or not by merely looking at his face. Joyous people radiate positivity through their eyes.
- Practice gratitude. Such people don’t take anything for granted. They feel thankful for everything happening in their lives. They feel blessed to have things which other people don’t.
- Optimism is key. If you talk to a joyous person and ask him how he is doing, he will always tell you that he is okay. It is not because he tries to hide negative feelings, but because his perspective on life is always positive, no matter how difficult his situation may be.
- Forgive. Joyous people know that if you want to stay positive, you have to forgive those who have hurt you. Holding grudges inside only makes them feel worse. In addition to forgiving others, joyous people also know how to forgive themselves.
- Practice spirituality. A lot of joyous people believe in something divine, which brings comfort into their lives. Believing in something higher helps such people overcome various difficulties in life.
- Make friends easily. Because joyous people radiate positivity, they don’t have a hard time making new friends. It seems that everyone wants to be their friend because their personalities are so attractive.
- Resolve conflicts quickly. If they get involved into an argument with someone, joyous people try to find a solution right at that moment. They know that the longer they wait, the more severe a conflict can get.
- Apologizes. If they are in the wrong, joyous people can admit it and apologize if they have hurt others.
- Live balanced lives. Joyous people know how important it is to lead a balanced life in order to be content with it. Thus, they find enough time for their family and friends, they take care of their health and they complete their tasks on time.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. In order to stay positive, joyous people don’t take everything too seriously or personally. Joyous people are also great at dealing with their emotions so that every little thing wouldn’t ruin their day.
- Help others. Such people know how rewarding helping others can be and whenever they get a chance, they always help those who are less lucky than they are.
- They laugh. Joyous people can even laugh at themselves. They believe that laughter is the best medicine.
- Engage in self-care. Joyous people make sure that they spend enough time on things which make them happy. Before they help others, they attend their own needs. Joyous people know that they won’t be able to spread positivity if they neglect their own wishes and needs.
- Manage time. Joyous people are great at managing their time. They know that if they have to rush somewhere, they will become negative. Thus, they get up early in the morning in order to make sure that they do all their daily tasks. Also, if they have a meeting, they make sure that they arrive earlier.