We all find it hard to let go of a person we loved or still are in love with. However, sometimes it is the best thing we could do so neither we nor our other halves would suffer.
Although at that specific moment it may be difficult to do so, in the long run you will realize that it was all worth it. You are responsible for your life and only you can decide which people you want to include in it.
Below are mentioned the main signs which show that it is time to let go of a relationship.
- It becomes harder and harder to trust them. All relationships are built on trust. If there is no trust or a person doesn’t show any reasons why you should trust him, such relationships have to end in order to save yourself from being hurt. If you trust a person and it seems that whatever he does he breaks your trust, you have to understand that it is not about you. It is not your problem but his. You need a lot of time to understand if you can trust a person or not. Thus, you should first get to know a person better and only then decide if he is worth being trusted.
- The person you are in a relationship with becomes too needy. Healthy relationships are those in which people can depend on each other. However, when this dependence becomes constant and often, it is a sign that a person becomes too needy. You may ask why it is such a bad thing. It is because it drains you emotionally. You start to devote all your time and energy only to that person, whether it is to solve his problems or support financially.
- You can’t be yourself around such person. You shouldn’t pretend to be someone so you would be liked by others. It is not only exhausting but it is also a sign that your relationship is not genuine. You can’t feel comfortable in your own skin when you are around someone and it is one of the main signs why you shouldn’t get involved in such relationships which don’t allow you to be your true self.
- After you meet them, you don’t feel ok. Healthy relationships are those which lift you up. Of course, there are ups and downs in every relationship but if after meeting your partner you become negative, it is a sign that this person is not meant for you. A person with who you are in a relationship has to be supportive. If you notice that you experience positive moments with your partner rarely, it may be a time to let go of such a relationship.
- They are not active listeners. Being aware and attentive when your partner talks to you is one of the most important things in order to have a healthy and strong relationship. When you talk to your partner, he should be all ears as he wants to help you or merely listen to you because he really cares. When you notice that whenever you talk your partner looks around the room, checks his phone or doesn’t keep eye contact, it may be a sign that he is not interested in you.
- They have other priorities than your relationship. In today’s world, it can be quite easy to be occupied all the time. However, a person who is in love with you shouldn’t be that busy that he couldn’t spend time with you. If he chooses to do something else when he gets a free minute rather than spend it with you, it is a clear sign that he doesn’t treat your relationship that important and you should consider whether you need to be with someone who doesn’t see you as his priority.
- You can’t depend on them. You probably have experienced that disheartening feeling when you asked your partner to support you and he ignored it. Some people have relevant reasons not to be there when we need them the most, but others are simply undependable. If your partner is more of the latter kind, he is for sure not worth being with you.
- You need to make them care about you. All relationships are based on love and care. If someone tells you that he loves you, he should also care for you as love and care are inseparable when it comes to relationships. However, if a person seems to lack care and you notice yourself forcing them to care about you, you should consider whether this person is really worth your time, and most importantly, love.
- Your partner’s behavior is inconsistent. If your partner is showing inconsistency in his behavior when it comes to trust, support and respect, you should be worried. Of course, we all make mistakes and sometimes can portray flaky behavior. But if it becomes constant, a person shows that he doesn’t see any problems in his behavior.
Thus, you can assess your relationship based on these signs and make the right decision – either to agree with your partner’s wrong behavior and be in an unhealthy relationship or decide to end it for your own good.